Thursday, June 7, 2012

there's just something about this man.


well, obviously he's hot, there's no disputing that.
I mean, those little gray hairs peaking out from his sideburns?  HOT.

but its also in the late night conversations and/or arguments in bed that I fall deeply in love with him all over again. it usually takes place when we've had one too many hours of napping in the afternoon and so we aren't tired but are trying desperately to be.  sometimes those arguments include how I'm unfaithful because after watching The Time Traveler's Wife (sobbed my EYEBALLS out, btw....but duh, I'm pregnant.) he told me that if he knew he would die at a young age, he would insist I would marry again.  I said I wouldn't want to, but if that would make him happy up in the heavens, I would.  and then he said that the only stipulation was that when he appeared from the past that I would still have to make out with him.  I told him I would not!  I could not!  I'm a married woman and that would be unfaithful!

he was NOT pleased with the aforementioned response and revoked his allowance of remarriage and insisted I be lonely forevermore.

but sometimes, when we're feeling especially awake at an indecent hour, we plan our funerals, like last night.  

he wants his short and sweet.  BO-RING.

I want a long (2-3 hours) funeral ceremony and I want hired wailers to line the walk as they carry me to the hurse.  I also want a special musical number by the mormon tabernacle choir, a week long mourning in which all who visit must wear black and be herded to the back yard where a small carnival will take place, a picture of my face beaming on every balloon animal, every ride, every seat of the ferris wheel.  I want a flyover, with a message from hubs to me written in the jet cloud.

I'll exclude the hired wailers from the carnival, of course.  we've got to show some class.

and all the while, next to me in bed, he laughs at the ridiculousness of my ideas and wonders where in the world I come up with these things.

I love making him laugh.  even if it takes a morbid conversation or two.

happy anniversary my love.






all photos by the wonderful Russ Dixon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both. You have been married 4 years! How is that possible? I am amazed at how fast time goes. you have such a beautiful little boy and one on the way. Amazing! Beautiful! So glad I am part of your life. Love love love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Congrats on the 4 years! Second of all, you are so stinkin' gorgeous. And you play guitar too?? Seriously, you are the exact replica of what I want to be when I grow up! :) Awesome photographer, so friendly, gorgeous, funny...the list goes on. Keep up your photography posts, I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...